Flabby arms are unattractive; at least that is what most individuals think. Men get easily insecure when they see other guys sporting huge biceps, while some women hesitate on wearing sleeveless clothes because they are not comfortable with how it looks. Possessing flabby arms is the result of having too much fat in the body. To get rid of it, here are some exercises you can follow. Women need not worry because this will not make their arms bulky, instead it will be toned enough to show off.
- Horizontal Curl Using Dumbbells- Start this exercise by holding dumbbells in each hand. With your palm facing up, lift your arms until it is parallel to your shoulders. Bend your arms up to 90 degrees while making sure that your elbows are still level with your shoulders. Straighten your arms to the original position, and then repeat the movement. Do 3 sets of 8-10 repetition.
- Side Raise Using Dumbbells- Hold a dumbbell in each hand and let it rest on your sides. Keep your knees bent with your feet apart. Raise your arms until it is leveled with the shoulder. The palms should be facing the ground. Lower your arms and repeat the procedure.
- Assume a push-up position, but instead of planting your feet to the floor, use your knees as a support. Your feet should be pointing upwards. Place your arms close together and under your shoulders. Lower your chest to the floor, while doing it your elbows should be pointing behind and not outwards or to the side. Go back to the starting position and repeat the movement.
3. Equipments For Toning Your Arms
- Dumbbells- This is a highly effective equipment that most people use to tone their arms. It comes in a wide array of sizes and can be easily bought in fitness stores.
- Kettlebells- Some people mistake this as a bowling ball because of its shape, however it has a handle and considered one of the most popular ways not only to tone the arms, but other parts of the body.
- Resistance Band- This is perfect for people who are constantly on the go, or those who want to travel because of its lightweight feature and affordability.
Aside from those tips, you can easily find hundreds of exercises that you can follow all over the internet. If you do not have the means to buy the equipments mentioned, you can easily use things that are seen in your house as an alternative. Water bottles and canned goods are a great substitute to dumbbells. Learn how to be creative and disciplined to get that toned arms you are dreaming of.