Biking or cycling is one of the most enjoyable forms of exercise. Some people do this, not for their health, but because it is fun. Whatever their reason is, they cannot discount the fact that it makes them stronger, free from sickness, and away from stress and depression. You will encounter different sights and sounds from biking. It is considered a journey where you will discover a lot of things about yourself and the people you meet on the way.
- Most perceive biking as a way to exercise the lower body only. However, it is also good for strengthening your back as well as the upper body.
- Bikers who lean forward will develop their arms and shoulders because it supports the weight of their upper body.
- The knee cartilage is maintained properly because of the circular motion performed when biking.
- It is a good form of cardio exercise. Meaning, it can increase endurance, strengthen the respiratory system and heart, and lower blood pressure. This lessens your risk of having lung and heart related diseases which can lead to death.
Getting Ready For Biking
- Trying the stationery bike is a good way to prepare for cycling because you are able to exercise the same muscles.
- Weight lifting or training is also a good preparation for biking. It will develop your upper and lower muscles, allowing you to bike properly and efficiently. Sprint cyclist should lift heavy weights with low repetition. On the other hand, endurance cyclist should do the opposite by lifting lighter weights with increased repetition.
- Before dwelling in this type of exercise, it is essential to have the right equipment. Of course having the correct bike is the primary concern because it is the one to be used. There are different types of bike; you should buy one in accordance to the specialty and speed you want to master.
- The height of your bike should be proportioned to your body. Ask the personnel in the shop how it is done and they will lead you to the right way.
Biking can be done by anyone, anywhere, and anytime. The road, downhill, cross-country, even your neighborhood can serve as your playground because of this. It is a great way to exercise, especially if you are cycling with friends or your special someone.